Search for a topic

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wellspring Network

I used to forbid the word 'networking' in my presence, because it reminded me of my experiences as a youngster watching other, older people network. It had about as much appeal as many of the things that older, other people do, like paying bills, taking on responsibility, etc.

My visit with Well-Net (a convenient nickname for this group) changed my preconceived ideas about networking. I realized that networking can only be boring if other people are doing it. This meeting showed me just how interesting, enthusiastic, and caring other people can be - just like me! All we need is the chance to talk to each other, and that's networking.

I also chose the perfect time to dive in with Wellspring. The first meeting of 2012 brought more fresh faces like mine, and I appreciated the mission of the group's organizers, the practitioners of Clear Point Wellness. Lisa, Amanda, and Beka created an environment for wellness practitioners to talk about what we do and hear about what others do, all for the purpose of creating a healthy referral network for our clients.

I have trades and coffees lined up, and I'm looking forward to the next meeting!